Monday 3 March 2014

TASTY TUESDAY: BROWN RICE AND QUINOA W/ MUSHROOMS AND ZUCCHINI

Perth gets hot. We all know that. But last week was REALLY hot. And when it is really hot, one of the last things that I feel like doing is cooking over hot gas/oven. 

I came up with this super easy, super healthy and really yum one pan meal on Sunday. It takes about 10 mins max and is full of all sorts of good bits to keep our bod happy!













BROWN RICE AND QUINOA W/ MUSHROOMS AND ZUCCHINI

Ingredients
x5 medium mushrooms (I used white but you could substitute with which ever you prefer)
1/2 a zucchini
1 egg white
coconut oil
1 cup of pre-made brown rice (I used Sunrice Rice and Quinoa mix)
A big handful of coriander
Pepper to taste
Hummus to serve

1. roughly chop the mushies and zucchini
2. heat a frypan and add your coconut oil
3. make sure your pan is super hot, and add the mushrooms and zucchini
4. fry them until they develop a little bit of a golden brown crunch, add the egg white and mix it all together
5. once the egg is cooked, throw in your rice. I add my pepper here but you could do this once your done
6. when the rice is warmed through, put into a bowl.
7. add your hummus and corri and you are done!

I have also used avo and ciobani in the past, you can't really go wrong, just add whatever you like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment