Thursday 13 February 2014

SHORT TERM PAIN, LONG TIME GAIN

I feel like purchasing an expensive designer piece is kind of like working out.

Laugh all you may but this theory has merit!

The immediate reaction when buying something expensive is that it hurts. I wince a little, my bank account winces a lot. It’s the same thing with exercising. Running hurts, weights hurt, we are in a world of pain!

However, once that initial shock has worn off, the experience becomes a lot more pleasant. Your body starts to look banging because of your hard work. The pain becomes worth it. Similarly, my outfit benefits tenfold from the new matte black Rockie that I am now happily toting about. I forget that it cost me 3 weeks rent.

Think about it though. While cheaper bags might be sweeter in the short term, deciding not to buy them and saving for a big purchase will benefit you in the long run. You could take one huge splurge and buy something that is going to last and help define your wardrobe, or you could buy 4 or 5 bags that you use and abuse and chuck out.

JUST. SAYING.
xx



2 comments:

  1. I got my Deadly Ponies bag 3 1/2 years ago and I still use it almost daily. Well worth spending several hundred dollars instead of forty bucks on a bag I'll use for a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! And as they wear they get soft and moulded and amazing :)

    ReplyDelete